Friday, June 8, 2012

Rise n' Shine!

Life happened to me yesterday.  I had to work late, stop at Whole Foods on my way home, and get new shoes at REI.  Had to.  The result was that when I got home, at after 6 pm, I hadn't worked out and my husband, who is normally at my beck and call, declared that he was not hungry and would not be making dinner.  Ugh.  Work out, or dinner?  Well, if I don't cook dinner then I don't have anything to eat for lunch the next day, so I cooked.  The logical consequence, then, is that I had to wake up EARLY today to work out before work, because I have a date with my hairstylist and a hard pear cider after work.

So get this, I went to bed at 8:30 last night (Yes, lights out at 8:30, except that it was still light outside.), and bounced out of bed at 4:15 this morning.  WTH?  I'm going to say this for my little challenge, I have noticed an amazing amount of increased energy since I started this, and I am sleeping better too!  Who knew?  Anyway, workout started at 5:05 AM, and I have to tell you, jumping rope at 5 am is really hard.  I think I beat myself black and blue with my rope today, and I wanted to quit SO badly, but what doesn't kill you (or in this case, maim you) will only make you stronger, so I persevered.

Today I did Go Kaleo's Playground Workout.  I did the first two rounds, and had to stop because I ran out of time and need to get ready for work (typing manically fast here).  So here is my proof photo, and here are my thoughts about this photo:
1) I looked funnier with the red eyes.
2) Brian took about 5 photos, and all the other photos had a very noticeable camel-toe; which means that I must sport a total camel-toe whenever I workout in these pants.  Awesome.  Well, I guess that's just another great reason to work out at home.
3) I sort of jump rope like a fairy.


Well, kudos to me for keeping this little game plan up!  Pear cider for me tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment