Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Allergy Shot Hangover

Whoa.  I had no idea how significantly my allergy shots impact my system until today.  Yesterday I had the usual allergy-shot fatigue, which I attributed mostly to the antihistamines, but maybe that's not all of it? Today I was up bright and early, out of bed by 4 am, and started my workout just before 5 AM.  Not even halfway through round one, I was thinking, "WTH?  This feels horrible!"  Long story short, it didn't get any better, and I was only able to struggle through two rounds of my resistance plan today in 21:59.  My time isn't horrible, but given that I did this workout two days ago and cranked out four rounds like it was a picnic, while bettering my time by about 10 minutes, today feels like a real blow.  Blah.

Since there is a silver lining to every cloud, I will focus on the positive; and the positive is that I WORKED OUT!!  Generally I would have just blown-off a day like this with a "Oh who cares?"  Well today, even though I wanted to quit after one round, I pushed through a second.  And as that one poster says, "A '21:59' minute workout is still better than a 0 minute workout!"  Now I will take some extra time to stretch this morning, since I have quite a bit of it left!

May tomorrow be a better workout day!

No comments:

Post a Comment