Saturday, June 9, 2012

Day 8

Holy Cow.  Today I went to the office from 9-1, making it home around 2 pm.  I had a little snack then went to sleep for a three hour nap.  Whew!  After nappy, at 5 pm, Brian and I got Chipotle tacos for dinner, and I confess, I splurged on the tortilla chips tonight!  So by the time I ate and let my iced tea caffeinate me, I didn't start my workout until 7:45.  No biggie, when you sleep for three hours of the afternoon, it kind of puts you behind schedule.

Regardless of the late start, I blew today's workout out of the water!  Check out these stats:
I did 4 rounds of Don's Resistance Workout.  The last time(s) I did 4 rounds of this workout, here were my times:
5/8/12 47:00
5/10/12 49:50
5/15/12 51:46 (included 1 extra set of squats)
5/21/12 49:05 (included 1 extra set of squats and pushups)
6/9/12 39:02

I pulled an average of 10 minutes off my average time!  WTH?  AND, at the end of round 3, I felt great and thought, "Well, I really don't have an excuse to not do another round."  Holy buckets....I guess I am getting into better shape!

My picture for today is me doing the dips.  I hope to someday be able to do these without the weight assist, and I am getting stronger doing them, but I fear it will be awhile yet.  Oh well, I will just keep on keeping on and wait to see what happens!


My second photo is of my awesome new kicks!  This shoes are amazing, and may just be the reason for my amazing work out times.  :)  They are Salomon trail runners (I can't remember the specs and don't feel like going to look at the box) and they are like heaven for my feet.  So comfortable!  I keep saying that I am breaking them in, but they don't need any breaking in; I seriously don't think that I will ever buy a different brand of tennie-runners again!

Footgasm with every step.

No comments:

Post a Comment