Wednesday, June 13, 2012

I'm Not A Quitter!

After yesterday's really awful workout, and a hard day of work today, I was a little worried that I might end up bagging today's workout.  But I made a good plan: Go home, have a cup of coffee, then work out.  That was a winning plan!

For today's workout I did the TRX workout, but since I didn't get started until about 6:45, I didn't have enough time to do two rounds, so I did one good one and added 30 seconds of jump rope between each exercise set--man I love the jump rope!  It really gave the workout a great boost, and next time I will plan to do two rounds and include the rope.

I am finally starting to feel like I am in getting into shape again, and I love that feeling 10 minutes into the workout when you realize that you are going to rock it because you feel great, and doing the work feels great too.  Makes me excited to see how much more I can do, or how much further I can push it.

Here, then, are today's pictures:  These pictures are of the pistol squats.  The first photo is me midway down in the squat, the second photo is me at the bottom of the squat.  I hope to someday be able to complete them without needing to hold the TRX straps, but for now they are a big help; otherwise I'd go down and not be able to get back up!!


These pics are of the single arm row with a dumbbell.  Great for abs and arms, they are one of my favorite exercises!


I also realized today why I don't eat grains, they make me super gassy and I hate that!  Back to the mostly paleo-diet for me, just because it's friendlier to my system.

For tomorrow: I am going to leave work a little early because I need to get home to exercise before my favorite girlies come over while their parents go out.  Babysitting the girlies is a favorite way to spend my evening, but I want to make sure I get the workout in first!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment