Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Father's Day...A little late!

Sunday was Father's Day, and while my husband's FD dessert was baking (photo below), and while he was cooking himself a delicious flank steak, I did my resistance workout.  I did three rounds, and I was (again) amazed at how important it is for me to have salt.  I wasn't even through round two when the headache and nausea hit, so I stopped to drink 1/2 tsp of salt and chug some coconut water.  It definitely helped, although I need to be more diligent about taking it earlier because I would have liked to have done four rounds, but just didn't have it in me.  Well, that and I wanted to eat FD dinner with Brian and his daughter, and I wouldn't have been able to if I had done another round.

 Here I am doing some pushups.  They are boy pushups, even though you can't see my feet.
 Below is Brian's Father's Day dessert; a paleoish Apple Crisp that was SO yummy and very healthy too!
 This is Brian's fabulous flank steak...
 Which I use to make a delicious flank steak salad with blue cheese crumbles (just a bit), sliced almonds, and olive oil and white balsamic vinegar for the dressing.  SOOOOO yummy!

Hooray for awesome husbands who are great dads too!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment