Monday, June 11, 2012

Bah! Allergy Shots Day!

I am 1 day behind in my blogging.  Yesterday I did my TRX workout nice and early, before church and shopping, because I needed to get it done so I could go to church and shopping (duh!)!  It was a great workout, and I continue to be impressed by how versatile the TRX really is.  So after a really hard workout, for which I was up before 7 am on a Sunday morning (whoo-hoo!), Brian and I went to the farmer's market in Tigard for some fresh veg.  We got three heads of lettuce, three bundles of spinach for my morning smoothies, onions, asparagus, and a 1/2 flat of Hood strawberries.  Yummers!  Okay, downside of supporting local economy?  Washing all the freaking veg!  It took me 90 minutes to wash and prep everything.  Ugh.  Oh well, I kept telling myself it was better for me and persevered.

I had forgotten that I had an allergy appointment this morning, to see the doctor and to get my shots.  Shot days kick my proverbial ass (as well as my literal one) because of all the antihistamines that I have to take before.  So even though I was awake early this morning, I didn't exercise because I was so groggy/drowsy from the drugs.  I thought maybe I might be able to work out this afternoon after work, but it's a fight I just can't win on shot days, so I gave myself permission to let this be a rest day.  I am at 8 workouts out of my goal of 18, so I am doing really well.  I will get back in the saddle early tomorrow morning with a morning resistance workout, and I will remember to put in a pic!

My diet has been bugging me today.  I have been craving carbs like crazy, which either means that my period is about to start (possible, since it's always a surprise these days), or I have been indulging in carbs too often--probably the later, but time will tell.  So my goal for tomorrow, and for the rest of the week, is to keep my eating clean with only "real" foods (meaning, no chocolate) and nothing processed.  Since I just bought three heads of lettuce, and a bunch of other fresh veg, I think I can probably do it.  My focus will be on nourishing my body, not satisfying cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment