Saturday, June 2, 2012

Regaining a Sense of Self with Goal Setting


In honor of finding myself and setting my priorities straight, I have set a goal for the next three weeks:
18 workouts in 24 days

This is a big challenge for me because, at best, I work out 4 times a week, and not consistently.  My goal is to not look at the whole sum of the challenge, but to take each day as it's own and just accomplish today's work out.  I will post a photo of each workout as a journal, and at the end of the month, I will post "after" pictures with my before pictures from January 1 as a comparison group.  Getting stronger and having bigger muscules is a priority for me.  :)

6/2/12: Workout #1: Don's Resistance work out, 2 rounds @ 28:23.  It's been since 5/21 that I did this workout, and I really felt it today.  The last time I did it I completed 4 rounds + 2 exercises in a 5th round, but today just doing the two rounds was a push--but it's a (re)start!  The photo is of my second round of pull-ups, which I do using a pull-up band that provides about a 75 lb weight assist.  I am getting stronger!  When I first started, even with the band, I couldn't do 3 pull-ups, and now I am able to do 9 without stopping for a rest, and then I gave myself a little hop for the 10th on both sets today.  That is also an improvement, because I used to only be able to do 7 before stopping for a breather, and I had to give myself a leg up on the last three, in addition to the band!  Once I get to where I can do 5 rounds with it (so 50 pull-ups total), then I will purchase the next smaller band and start again.  My goal is to be able to do unassisted pullups, ideally by the time I am 40.  Whoo hoo, how cool would that be?  A 40-year-old doing dead-hang pullups.  


And since I only did two rounds, I did all of my push-ups from my toes, no knees.  That's 40 boy-pushups, but I do have to take a couple of 2-3 second breaks toward the end.  

On tap for tomorrow?  My new TRX workout, with ABS!!  I swear I will do abs tomorrow, and not skip them like I usually do.  Proof tomorrow will be the pic.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment